Information We Collect
Our web servers collect general data pertaining to each Site visitor, including the IP address, tracking codes, the domain name, the web page, the length of time spent and the pages accessed while visiting this Site. This information is collected to, among other things, aggregate information from online and offline sources, facilitate system administration, improve the content of the Site, customize and improve the user experience for Site visitors and customers, and improve customer service generally. We also collect personally identifiable and transactional information provided by companies and Site visitors that purchase products from that Site. This information includes contact information, shipping information, credit cardholder name, and card number/expiration date. We may also retain the content of the communications that are sent to our customer service representatives. This information helps us to respond to inquiries regarding this Site.
Use of Collected Information
We use the information that is collected from Site visitors and customers to, among other things, better serve customers, improve the content of this Site, and customize the shopping experience for Site visitors and customers. We may also use the information collected to notify Site visitors of changes to this Site, to notify Site visitors of new products, and for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose.
We may share your information as follows:
- Among our various subsidiaries, divisions, parent organizations, and brands;
- With third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and others who perform services on our behalf;
- With any successor to Industrial Hardware & Specialties, Inc.’s interest;
- With third parties whose products or services might be of interest to you or for joint promotional purposes; and,
- In response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to exercise our legal rights and defend against legal claims.
Site security is a priority. We periodically review and update the security methods implemented intended to protect information transmitted via this Site, including measures intended to secure and protect all personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Our Site uses industry-standard encryption technology to provide for the security of your credit card numbers. The secure areas of Our Site use certificates provided by Comodo Group Inc., which gives assurance that the Site is authentic and that all transactions are secured by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
However, we cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of electronically stored sensitive personal data via email or by conspicuous posting on the Site as soon as possible to the extent consistent with (a) the legitimate needs of law enforcement, and (b) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Our website and facilities are also PCI Compliant which has been authenticated by SecurityMETRICS and is regularly tested to assure that our site maintains compliance. A certificate indicating the most recent website recertification may be viewed by clicking on the SecurityMETRICS PCI Certified banner. PCI compliance was established in 2009 by the credit card industry. Compliance is rigorous however no security is absolute. For this reason, we do not store your credit card information but channel your encrypted information directly to Authorize.net which securely processes your credit card information. All encrypted channels, internet connections, encryption, data storage, and our intranet security are regularly tested to assure our customers that we are making every reasonable effort to secure every transaction.
We are dedicated to ensuring that your account remains secure. Learn more about the various ways to protect your account:
§ Keep Your User ID and Password Secure
§ We ask for your password when you log-in to Our site. We will never ask for your password in any unsolicited communication. To enhance your online safety, follow these recommendations to keep your personal information private:
§ Protect Your Account from Online Fraud
The Internet is not immune to fraud. Criminals will use spoof e-mails, phony web sites, and other deceptive practices to try to obtain your personal information; this is known as phishing.
Spoof emails are phony emails that appear to have originated from a legitimate company. These phony emails ask you to go to a spoof web site and provide your personal account information. To bait you, often these deceptive emails may allude to an urgent matter concerning your account. In many cases, there is no easy way to determine that you are on a phony web site because the URL may contain the name of the company it is spoofing.
- Delete suspicious emails without opening them. If you do open a suspicious email, never click on a link or open an attachment contained in the suspicious email.
- Do not provide your sensitive information by email or phone.
- When entering private information, confirm your security by looking for a closed lock to the right of the address bar. Click on the lock icon to verify that the security certificate has been issued to Our Site.
If you believe that there is a problem with your account, please contact customer service. To report a suspicious email that uses our name, immediately forward it to www.industrialhardware.com by clicking on the e-mail us link in the Contact Us section or call 800-684-4010 during regular business hours.
Cookies and Other Technology Information
Each Site visitor can unsubscribe from receiving e-mail containing promotional offers from us simply by using the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of every email promotion or by sending a request with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to forward it to www.industrialhardware.com by clicking on the e-mail us link in the Contact Us section.
- Site visitors can also request that their personal information not be shared with third parties solely for marketing purposes by sending their request with “do not share” in the subject line to forward it to www.industrialhardware.com by clicking on the e-mail us link in the Contact Us section. Because mailing lists are prepared in advance of each promotion, you may receive a couple of promotions before the change is effective.
- We may periodically send offers by fax to companies that have previously transacted with our company. If you do not wish to continue receiving a fax, please write “remove” on it and fax it back to us toll-free at 888-656-6646 or by sending a request with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to forward it to www.industrialhardware.com by clicking on the e-mail us link in the Contact Us section.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies because of changes in the relevant and applicable legal or regulatory requirements, changes in our business or business practices, or in our attempts to better serve our customers. Notice of any material changes in the manner in which we handle personally identifiable information under this policy will be provided on the Site with an updated revision date. Please check the Site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the Site. By continuing to use the Site after we post any changes, you agree to the terms of the updated policy.